Saint John Paul II Parish operates two different cemeteries:
Saint Mary Cemetery was founded in 1850 and is located on Evergreen Street which is the right fork from Charlton Street at the Charlton Street School. There are no two grave lots available, single grave lots and four grave lots are still available for sale.
Saint Hedwig Cemetery was founded in 1955 and is located on Woodstock Road (Route 169) on the north bound side near the Connecticut state line. There are eight, six, four, two and single grave lots available.
There is no limit to the number of cremains that can be buried in a grave lot.
The purchase of lots, to arrange a burial or to request information for anyone buried in either of these cemeteries, please contact the parish office at 279 Hamilton Street, Southbridge, MA 01550 or at (508) 765-3701.
The other Catholic cemeteries located in Southbridge are operated by the Diocese of Worcester and not by Saint John Paul II Parish. To purchase lots, to arrange a burial, or request information on burials in Old Notre Dame(adjacent to Saint Mary Cemetery), Saint George (on Paige Hill Road) or New Notre Dame(adjacent to Saint Hedwig Cemetery on Route 169) Cemeteries, please contact the Diocesan Cemeteries Office at 260 Cambridge, Street, Worcester, MA 01603 or at (508) 757-7415 or at their website www.worcesterdiocese.org/stjcemetery.com